Invisible aligners are a type of orthodontic treatment used to teeth straightening. They are a series of clear, removable aligners custom-made to fit your teeth. They can be removed for eating, brushing, and flossing
Visit your dentist and determine if this is an appropriate treatment option for you.
Invisible Aligners: When are they Required?
- Gaps Between the Teeth
- Forwardly Placed Upper Teeth
- Crossbite (Front and Back Teeth Do Not Close in the Correct Position)
- Bite Problems (Over or Under Bite)
- Crowded Teeth
They are an increasingly popular choice for orthodontic treatment, as they are clear and virtually invisible when worn.
Metal Braces Vs. Clear Aligners
|Tough to Maintain
|Easy to Maintain
|12-24 Clinic Visits
|0-4 Clinic Visits
|Can Cause Abrasion in the Mouth
|Fits Smoothly on The Teeth
Invisible Aligners: How Do They Work?
Invisible aligners are clear, removable plastic trays that gradually move teeth into the desired position by applying gentle pressure
They must be worn for at least 20-22 hours daily to be effective
The process can take from 6 months to 2 years, depending on the teeth’ complexity
Care With Invisible Aligners
Taking proper care of your invisible aligners is essential to ensure that your treatment progresses smoothly and effectively. Here are some tips to help you care for your invisible aligners:
- Brush your teeth after meals and snacks.
- Rinse your aligners with warm water and brush them lightly with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste
- Avoid eating and drinking with your aligners in (especially while consuming anything hot)
- Keep your clear aligners in a safe place when not in use
Post-Treatment Care: Invisible Aligners
- Your doctor will recommend the use of retainers to prevent your teeth from shifting back to their previous location
- Since your teeth are sensitive after the treatment, avoid consuming crunchy food for a few days
- Do not forget to brush and floss twice daily to keep your teeth clean and healthy
- Visit your dentist every 6 months to ensure that this smile remains intact
Myth and Fact: Invisible Aligners
Myth: Invisible aligners are only for minor corrections.
Fact: Invisible aligners can be used to treat a variety of dental issues, including major misalignment, gaps in teeth, overbites, and crowding.
FAQ: Invisible Aligners
Are Invisible Aligners as Good as Braces?
Invisible aligners are a popular alternative to metal or ceramic braces and offer multiple advantages. They are discreet and provide better results in a hassle-free and fast manner.
The best way to determine which treatment is best for you is to consult with an orthodontist.
FAQ: Invisible Aligners
Are the Results Permanent from Invisible Aligners?
Clear braces have a natural tendency to relapse after the aligners are removed. Once you have completed your treatment plan, you may need to wear certain orthodontic appliances such as retainers to maintain the results of your treatment. Patients can opt for either fixed or removable retainers to ensure permanent results.
Invisible aligners are a popular and effective alternative to traditional metal braces for straightening teeth. They offer a discreet, comfortable, and convenient way to achieve a straighter smile. While they may not be suitable for everyone, they are an excellent option for many people who wish to improve their dental health and appearance. If you are considering invisible aligners, be sure to consult with an orthodontist to determine if they are right for you.